What is the best tool bag for electricians? Have this question in mind? DEWALT DGC530 USB Charging Tool Backpack is surely the best. For more options, read on.
Electricians carry a large number of tools to their job site. Given their functionality, a tool bag is vital for any handyman.
When you begin to look for the best tool bag for electricians, our buying guide will come in handy offering reviews from Amazon and weighing pros and cons.
- 1 In a Hurry? Choose the Best…
- 2 The Best Tool Bag For Electricians – In a Glance
- 3 What is The Best Tool Bag For Electricians – Reviews
- 4 What Is The Best Tool Bag For Electricians? Buying Guide
- 5 Best Tool Bag For Electricians – Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Over to You
In a Hurry? Choose the Best…
The Best Tool Bag For Electricians – In a Glance
What is The Best Tool Bag For Electricians – Reviews
While picking the best tool bag for the electricians, you have many choices to pick from. You must consider what is the kind of tool bag will be the best fit for you.
Whether it is a handheld tool bag or a backpack tool bag. We are reviewing some smaller and larger bags in the market to give you many options to pick from.
This bright orange interior bag is everything an electrician hopes for. It comes with 39 pockets for plenty of tool storage and a front zipper to store loose parts. The water-resistant bag measure 20-inch x 14.5-inch x 7.25 inch with a fully molded bottom.
39 pockets for ample tool storage and bright orange interiors for easy tools visibility in low light areas. It comes in backpack design with with padded shoulder straps and handles for easy carrying.
These bags have been designed after interviewing many professionals among the trades to get inspiration for design and usability.
Electricians can easily carry up to 30 pounds of weight inside this backpack. The zippers are plastic and fail after a few rough uses. You may want to change the zipper in some months of the use but the tool bag works just fine.
The hard bottom is one of the best features of the backpack as you can easily throw it around and even on damp or wet areas. The hard pouch on the outside and front of the bag is an absolute delight.
You can even put your glasses there and be carefree about it because a hard pouch will save it from any fall or thrash.
- Ample tool storage with 39 pockets
- Hard molded bottom to make working easy in damp wet areas
- The hard pouch on the outside to carry loose tools
- The zipper is the most disappointing part
- No room to carry drill
Everyone who works with tools and is an electrician has heard about Dewalt for sure. This particular tool bag comes with 20 pockets inside and 3 pockets outside. It has an adjustable shoulder strap and padded handles to make it easy to carry.
The top open design makes it very convenient to use and gives easy and quick access to the tools. This backpack wins all the points with 2 USB charging points for charging your tools.
There are 3 special pockets for phones, tablets, and cameras to charge while you are working.
Dewalt understands the needs of all the electricians and providing USD charging points and internal customs battery deck helps you carry and operate electrical devices with ease. This backpack comes with a vertical tool organization pockets for screwdrivers and hand tools.
It is durable and offers a nice balance and stability to the bag. The only downside to this backpack is that it is not water-resistant. They have made up this downside with the hard base that protects against scuffing and abrasion.
- Open top for the backpack makes it easy to use
- 20 pockets inside plus 3 pockets outside
- Padded shoulder straps and handles
- Weighs only 4.8 pounds
- Charging points with USB available
- Not waterproof
- The Velcro seal wears out after a few uses
- Since this bag comes with its kind of battery, you can use any other kind that is a bit disappointing.
Made from polyster this bag provides unmatched durability and reliability. This bag can easily carry 50 pounds of tools and great for small repairs projects where you do not need to carry all your tools.
It comes with as many as thirteen outside pockets, eight belts helping you keep a variety of pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, other tools and meters.
WorkPro is designed with interior space that gives you easy access to tools. The wide-open mouth with top zippers makes the organization of the tools easy. Just open the zipper and pull out whatever tool you need quickly.
What we have not seen in other bags is a waterproof feature which is a highlight of this small sturdy bag. The hard molded base and waterproof cover keeps the bag safe from rust, dust and getting wet. It keeps your bag dry, clean, and protects the tools.
There are special pockets with a bulge to hold measures, tapes, and meters. Some suggest this bag for daily use and others recommend it for small repair works. This bag is handheld with padded shoulder straps and handles to make it convenient to carry around.
- Small in size so easy to carry but can carry up to 50 pounds
- Several small pockets inside to organize smaller tools.
- The floor of the bag is a hard base and can stand even without tools inside. Works best in damp areas.
- The overall fabric of the bag is weak
- The zippers are not the best deal of this bag
- Small bag to carry big tools
As the name suggests, this is a heavy-duty tool bag with rugged 6 layer construction and reinforcement. It comes with 21 pockets with a tool belt loop and 2 hidden seam pockets. It can easily all your tools like pliers, knives, drills, and wrenches.
The compact design allows you to design your own tool belt which not a lof of top-notch tools bags provide.
The best feature of this bag is the wire tester pocket on the side. The padded shoulder straps make it easier to carry around. You also get 2 adjustable tool pockets and adjustable straps to fit long or short tools. You can fit a tiny notebook by the side and comprises of tape chain clip.
This bag is breath of fresh air among other bags in this category as it includes many features that cater to ever changing needs of the professional electrician.
The bag can withstand the most rigorous work conditions while saving your time and your tools.
- Pocket sizes are perfect to fit the tools and no need to worry about them falling inside the bag
- Notebook pocket
- 6 layer rugged reinforcement
- You can put this on the shoulder and get to work with belt clip option
- Not large enough
- Begins to fall apart between handles and the bag
- Some pockets are so small that only a pencil can fit into it
CLC provides a dependable option for the electricians or anyone who needs to keep their tools organized and at hand whenever needed. It is conveniently compartmentalized with a zippered top. This prevents tools from spilling out and keeps them safe when not needed outside.
The zip goes down all the way and stays in place you can maneuver your way inside to find the tools. The hook-and-loop straps are a unique design in this bag and make it easy to use and neatly organized.
The rugged built tool pouch is durable for reliable and high-quality performance. The tool pouch on the backside of the pouch helps to reduce heat build-up and increase comfort.
The best feature that this bag offers is a combination of 25 pockets and sleeves to hold a variety of tools and parts. The Electrical-tape loop and hammer holder add an extra flair to this sturdy bag. The soft grip rubber handle is easy to carry and transport.
CLC bag comes with an easy-grip, double pull, and adjustable padded shoulder strap.
- Durable and provides great placement for hand tools
- Rain, humidity, heat, this bag handles all weather
- Great organization of loops, sleeves and pockets for all the tools
- Worth the money spent
- Good bag but needs reinforced bottom
- The zipper isn’t the strong part
- Handle wears out
What Is The Best Tool Bag For Electricians? Buying Guide
How electrician tool bags have changed over time?
Gone are those when electricians used to store all their tools and equipment in a wooden box and carry around this heavy box with them which was heavy and difficult to transport.
Now we have tool bags designed specifically for them and their tools. With space for everything and everything in its space. Even if you are an old school guy or DIY enthusiast, these bags are sure to impress you since the first time use.
If you are an electrician,,,
If you are an electrician you understand the importance of a good tool bag for carrying all your tools, keep them safe and organized. For any good electrician, the tool bag is as important as a tool belt. It is easy to get confused by the brands and kinds of tool bags available online.
What would the best tool bag for the electricians look like?
When you are thinking about investing in the best tool bag for yourself, you want to make sure that your job gets easier and go faster. These are some factors that you want to check in the best tool bag for electricians:
- Durable – Since you are going to invest some amount of money in the bag, it is obvious you want it to last longer and give its worth.
- Should be comfortable to carry around – Most times electricians have to move around with their heavy tools, therefore, their primary need is that tool bags should be easy and comfortable to carry around with padded shoulder straps and even weight distribution.
- Have a lot of pockets and compartments for tool storage – There are many kinds of tools that need to fit inside the tool bag for daily use. Keeping it organized will quite the task itself. The best tool bag for the electricians needs to have a lot of pockets to accommodate the tools.
- Easy on pockets – While there are a lot of quality tool bags available in the market, it is important to consider the price to quality ratio before making the purchase.
You have to keep an eye on the various factors mentioned here and finding one that suits you the best. Buying the wrong bag can make you feel like you wasted your bucks and time. Picking the best tool bag for electricians is a tough nut to crack.
Best Tool Bag For Electricians – Frequently Asked Questions
Is the tool bag waterproof?
The bottom of most bags is waterproof. I would invest a good waterproof cover for the bag though.
Does it come with a separate compartment for laptops or ipads?
Some bags provide an outer compartment with hard pouh to carry ipads. I would not trust it to carry the laptop.
Can you wash and dry this tool bag?
You can wash the bag without tools in it. But do not put it in a washer or it might rip off the fabric and outer lining. The hard base can also harm your washer.
Can it hold my drill?
Not all the bags come with enough space to hold the drill. You can hold a mini drill though. The ones with hard bottom can hold the normal size drill easily
Will I be able to hold cans in the side pockets like a soda can?
The soda can will easily fit in the side pockets. However, you may want to go easy on them as if the mesh side pockets are stretched beyond limit, they do not go back to the original shape.
Over to You
In this buying guide, we have reviewed the factors that affect the choice of the best tool bag for electricians. We have gathered information and reviewed some of the best tool bags in the business along with individual pros and cons. Stay safe!
Pro tip- Always pick the waterproof one.
Finally to answer your question “What is the best tool bag for electricians?”. DEWALT DGC530 USB Charging Tool Backpack is the one that combines all the features that are necessary.
Please read our other guides