Looking for the best Christmas gifts for electricians? Leatherman’s Wingman Multitool is something that any electrician will love! For other options read on.
Christmas is a magical time. Two special weeks to be with family, share food, love & gifts. It does not matter how old you are, giving or receiving gifts never gets old. With Christmas in our minds, it is a great time to think about the best Christmas gift for electricians.
- 1 In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Pick
- 2 Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians- In a Glance
- 3 What Are the Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians?
- 4 5 Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians Reviews
- 4.1 1. RAK Magnetic Wristband with Strong Magnets for Holding tools
- 4.2 2. RAK Universal Socket Grip (7-19mm) Multi-Function Ratchet Wrench
- 4.3 3. Dewalt 20V Max Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
- 4.4 4. Carhartt Deluxe Insulated Lunch Box
- 4.5 5. Leatherman, Wingman Multitool with Spring-Action Pliers and Scissors
- 5 Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians – Frequently Asked Questions:
- 5.1 RAK Magnetic Wristband – Will this work for working on the cars or will I get pulled in some direction because of magnets?
- 5.2 RAK Universal Socket Grip – Can it fit in an impact drill?
- 5.3 Dewalt 20V Max Cordless Drill/Driver Kit – Does it come with a LED light?
- 5.4 Carhartt Deluxe Insulated Lunch Box – Is it insulated enough to keep my drinks cool?
- 5.5 Leatherman, Wingman Multitool – Does it fit well in the front pocket?
- 6 Wrapping It Up
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Pick
We did a little research to find out different categories of the gifts. There are chances the electricians end up with a lot of tools that they do not use at their job.
Also, you want the gift to convey that you care. My favorite pick of the season will be Leatherman’s Wingman Multitool. It is compact and 14 tools in one.
Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians- In a Glance
|RAK Magnetic Wristband with Strong Magnets for Holding Screws||Buy Now|
|DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill / Driver Kit||Buy Now|
|RAK Universal Socket Grip (7-19mm) Multi-Function Ratchet||Buy Now|
|Carhartt Deluxe Dual Compartment Insulated Lunch Cooler Bag||Buy Now|
|LEATHERMAN, Wingman Multitool with Spring-Action Pliers and Scissors||Buy Now|
What Are the Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians?
Christmas is coming! There are roughly 7,49,000 electricians in the USA. This means, chances are you are an electrician, you know an electrician or have a sparkie family member or friend.
While Christmas is a good time to buy that screwdriver set you have been eyeing at or a warm pair of socks, but that would be so ordinary. So we decided to go the extra mile to review some of the best Christmas gifts for electricians this festive season.
Let us look into what options we have to pick from. If you ever had a chance to pick into an electrician bag you would know that they carry a lot of tools around.
Some of them are very heavy to carry like drills and other set comprises tons of smaller tools like pliers, measure tapes, meters. It is obvious to think that you can get them a tool bag. Don’t they have it already? They also own most of their tools too.
We are looking for something out-of-the-box gift here and yet useful to them on their jobs. Basically, everything you can gift to bring a big smile on the electrician’s face.
Christmas Gift Options Especially for Electricians
Since we ruled out a tool bag from the list already, we can look at some gadgets that make their job easier.
- Multitool gadget – It will be so convenient to carry one tool that does the work of many tools at the same instead of carrying different tools together. Just like a swiss knife.
- A nice lunchbox – The tool bag that electricians carry is heavy and full of tools. There isn’t enough space to store the lunch or a cold beverage. A nice, compact, and sturdy lunchbox will make a very thoughtful gift for an electrician.
- Cordless Drill –A compact cordless drill that comes in a handy bag itself or can fit into a tool bag is the best Christmas gift.
- A magnetic wristband – It is not one of those health-monitoring wristband. That would be a great gift too. Often the electricians have to bend down and up again when making electrical fittings. This magnetic wristband will help keep nails in one place and handy.
5 Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians Reviews
We have got your back this Christmas and we will unveil some of the best Christmas gifts for electricians below:
RAK Magnetic Wristband is an essential tool for any electrician or an average person. It is a perfect tool for home improvement, repairs, or DIY projects. This one makes a lovely gift for an electrician.
The exterior comes in black color with ballistic nylon – strongest and most durable material. The interior is double layered with mesh lining that makes it breathable if worn for a longer period. This wristband comes with 14.5 inches hence becoming a fit for a well-built guy too.
It is adjustable fit and can be adjusted to fit any size wrists. 15 magnets that are strongest in the market and placed in the wristband for optimal performance.
This can hold nails, staplers and small tools. The design is not optimal to hold large screwdrivers or hammers. Not just men, it is also a good gift for women who work as electricians.
- It comes to a nicely packaged gift box.
- Easy to fasten on the bare wrist or over the shirt or hoodie
- This wristband comes with strong magnets to hold small tools like nails or staplers.
- This band also be used to pick small tools from your bag that have gone missing in the corner. This one will attract them with strong magnetism.
- Smaller circumference for large wrist well-built guys.
- The magnets are not strong enough to hold many items at once.
- The screws held on this wristband seem to fall off if you move often.
Yet another great Christmas gift for an electrician from RAK.
Now you can move to different types of fasteners without ever changing the sockets. No more stopping and searching for different sockets in the tool bag to finally get the correct one.
There are times when an electrician will fasten two to three different sockets to ascertain which was the best one. This socket grip will save you time.
This RAK Socket fits both ¼ to ¾ inch and metric 7-9 mm nuts and bolts. This 2 piece socket set can replace a whole universal set of the socket.
The innovative design lets you go from one fastener to another in no time. This RAK Socket pack will make a nice gift for newbie electricians.
It can work easily on hex nuts, tension screws, crew eyes, bolt heads, even on damaged heads. It is used to either fasten the bolts or to loosen them seamlessly.
The 3/8th adapter included will fit any power drill into a socket driver. The RAK provides this socket grip in a sturdy hard gift package.
- Time saver
- No need to bring out whole chest of fasteners for a simple project.
- Saves your money to buy 10 different tools.
- Nice tool for home recreational projects.
- Easy on pockets and makes a perfect gift for newbies.
- This cannot be used as a replacement professional tool.
- It does not work great for impact use.
- The complaints of pins jamming the socket if used for heavy work.
Dewalt is a known name among electricians and handymen. They have a range of tools, tool bags that cater to all range whether small compact tools or heavy full chest professional sets.
This one is a particularly compact and light-weight design. You will be surprised how it can deliver high performance with 300 units watts out of power ability to complete a wide range of applications despite being compact in size.
This drill gives 2 speeds (0.450 & 1,500 rpm) for fastening drilling applications. It is a chuck type and keyless. It can into narrow areas and get the work done.
½ incles single sleeves provide tight bit grip and strength. Let’s talk about comfort now. It comes with ergonomic handles that delivers maximum comfort and control.
The dimesions are 13.88 x 9.88 x 4.25 inches. It weight 3.6 pounds and contains 220-volt lithium battery packs, a compact charger and a durable bag to carry it. You will receive two sets of battery and it can easily be recharged.
- The drill comes with led light that can help you work in dark spaces.
- The batteries will last long enough for an entire weekend.
- The batteries are easy to charge.
- Light-weight and compact yet powerful drill.
- Plastic chuck design
- Battery complains and you may need to buy new ones after a few months of use.
- The LED light will consume most of the battery.
An electrician needs to carry a heavy bag of tools around for their daily job. That leaves small or no space to carry their lunch to the job site. This one will make the best Christmas gift to say that you care.
Carhartt bag is a heavy-duty bag with synthetic fabric and rain durable water repellent outer lining. The inner compartments are insulated and will keep the food fresh and drinks cold.
There are separate outer compartments to store snacks and cutlery. It is large enough to carry a 6-pack.
It is easy to carry along with the tool bag as it comes with an adjustable shoulder strap and handles. The zippered pockets are provided to hold other essentials like phones or chargers.
The dimensions of the bag are – 10w x 9h x 7d inches and weighs 0.7 lbs.
This bag is covered in a Limited lifetime warranty and delivers high performance with the triple-stitch and sturdy bag. It is a small compact bag and cannot carry huge lunchboxes inside.
The design is rugged and does not give a feel that you are carrying around a purse which can be one of the factors to look out for.
- A small compact bag with enough space to carry lunch and snacks
- Comes with insulation to keep fresh food and drinks
- The outer lining of the bag is waterproof with durable fabric.
- Keeps drinks colder for more than 10 hours at once.
- Flimsy when nothing inside
- Zippers will cause a problem after a few months of use.
Wingman will be a best tool for any task in the house and in a job. It is 14 tools in 1 – Pliers, scissors, screwdrivers, wire stripper, wire cutter, a package opener, knife, can and bottle opener, a ruler and a file.
Leatherman offers a 25-year warranty and stands behind their superior products.
Wingman multitool is an absolute must-have for electricians. It opens all the tools with one hand and even the most inaccessible from outside.
The blade is so sharp that you can cut anything with confidence. It makes a very thoughtful Christmas gift for electricians.
It is a compact design light-weight and comes with a removable pocket clip. With this amazing feature, it is never too far and ready to work anytime.
It is 100mm when in a folded position. It has multitools with blade-in and blade-out designs. We can say it is definitely more than a pocket knife.
The file tool on Wingman isn’t effective enough though. The scissors are the best feature of this multitool. The pliers are spring-loaded. The best value at the kind of functions it provides.
- Compact, lightweight, and multitool design
- The scissors are the best part of the tool
- Worth the price
- 100mm when folded
- The file tool isn’t great.
- Blade-out design so you need to be careful when putting in pockets
- Scew driver is small.
Best Christmas Gifts for Electricians – Frequently Asked Questions:
RAK Magnetic Wristband – Will this work for working on the cars or will I get pulled in some direction because of magnets?
Good question! You can either wear it on your wrist or keep it flat on the engine and use it for tools. You will not get pulled in different directions with it.
RAK Universal Socket Grip – Can it fit in an impact drill?
Yes, you can fit it in an impact drill. However, it is not recommended by RAK.
Dewalt 20V Max Cordless Drill/Driver Kit – Does it come with a LED light?
Yes, it comes with a small LED light but is worse than useful. It casts shadow exactly where you want to drill.
Carhartt Deluxe Insulated Lunch Box – Is it insulated enough to keep my drinks cool?
It can easily keep your drinks cooler for 10 hours at a go. It is advised to keep the bag closed for optimal temperature retention.
Leatherman, Wingman Multitool – Does it fit well in the front pocket?
It is 100mm in size when folded so you can check your pocket size. It comes with a round pocket clip though. Not heavy to carry around.
Wrapping It Up
A gift should convey that you care. We have reviewed some of the best Christmas gifts for electricians in this article to make their life easy.
Leatherman’s Wingman Multitool is surely an awesome product for electricians. We have added some other cool items too in our list for the best Christmas gifts for electricians. Whether it is a lunch bag or multi-tool, you are sure to bring a smile on the face of a sparkie! Merry Christmas!
Please read our other guides