Timberland PRO Men’s Gridworks Moc Soft Toe Waterproof Industrial Boot is undoubtedly one of the best work boots for heel spurs. For other options, read this exhaustive guide.
Are you someone who is required to stand at your job for most of the day? Being on the ball of your feet for long hours, you are prone to get pain in feet.
Apart from the right medical advice, you should also check out our recommendation on the best boots for heel spurs.
In a Hurry? We Would Place Our Bets Here…
The best work boots for heel spurs that we recommend are Timberland PRO Soft Toe Industrial boots and the reason why – They are water-resistant and provide mesh linings to fight feet odor. It also provides maximum foot support to help ease the foot pain after a long day’s work.
- Premium full-grain leather with waterproof membrane
Best Work Boots for Heel Spurs – In a Glance
|Irish Setter Work Men's Ashby||Buy Now|
|WOLVERINE Men's Loader 8" Soft Toe Wedge Work Boot||Buy Now|
|Skechers Men's Segment Melego Chukka Boot||Buy Now|
|Timberland PRO Men's Gridworks Moc Soft Toe Waterproof Industrial Boot||Buy Now|
|Timberland PRO Men's Powertrain Sport Alloy Safety Toe Electrical Hazard Athletic Work Shoe||Buy Now|
5 Best Work Boots for Heel Spurs Reviews
These are some of the best work boots for heel spurs:
1. Irish Setter Men’s Work Boots
Irish Setter is a premier boot brand with more than 100 years of Ring Wing work boot experience. They have in business for more than 60 years now of selling outdoor footwear.
Irish Setter comes with an electrical hazard protective sole. The heel construction is designed in a way to reduce hazards due to contact with electricity. It provides a secondary source of protection for your feet.
There can be more than one hazard at any workplace and I have always wondered about boots being heat resistant. Irish Setter has developed outsoles to perform on heat surfaces. It can withstand a minimum temperature of 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
These boots do not feel heavy or clunky and are surprisingly lightweight to wear all day. Whether you work on concrete, pavements, water, mud, dirt, drilling, or grinding, the outsoles will outlive your expectations.
However, it has been noticed that once the temperature drops below freezing, the outsoles becomes harder, and then it gets difficult to work. Definitely not recommended if you work at places with below zero temperatures.
- 100% Leather boots
- Heat resistant
- Electrical hazard safe meeting all safety standards
- Measure 7” from heel to toe
- 6” lacework boots
- Not recommended for colder weathers
- The toe box of the shoe is not wide enough
- If you are a plumber and you are on your knees a lot, then these boots are not recommended for you.
2. Wolverine Men’s Loader 8” Soft Toe Wedge Work Boot
Wolverine is a famous American brand that offers top-notch quality boots with excellent craftsmanship. These boots will mold your feet to feel like a custom fit and are suitable for toughest jobs and a long day of work.
Wolverine boots are light-weight to provide comfort all day. Unlined with a padded collar to keep your feet cool even during the hottest of the day. The toe to heel length measure is 8 inches.
These boots make up an excellent choice for a long day of work as they are comfortable on the feet. Wolverine has built a rep in the boots markets as the leader of custom feel fit. They live up to their name.
If you have flat feet, then these boots are not for you. Because the interiors of the boots have been designed to provide maximum support to the arch of the feet. However, you can replace the insoles and make them work.
It is a moc-toe style boot which is plus for people with wide feet. Your feet do not feel choked up in toe box and you have freedom of movement.
- 100% Leather with rubber soles
- Keeps your feet cool even if it is hot summer outside.
- You can wear them fine even if you have to kneel for most of the day.
- The shaft from heel to toe measures 8”
- Moc-toe style boot
- Wears off easily and relatively less long-lasting.
- The hurts for a few days. You will need to break in or stretch the boots first.
- Pricier than most boots in this category.
3. Sketchers Men’s Segment Melego Leather Chukka Waterproof Boot
As the name mentions, this is one of the best waterproof shoes in this category. It is built with 100% leather and rubber soles. To make it more comfortable for your feet, it comes with air foam memory cushions and fabric lining.
It allows freedom of movement to the feet with rubber high traction outsole. It also comes with shock-absorbing supportive midsoles. They do not look like dress shoes – the feature most workers are looking for. The heels are longer which allows you to wear long pants and the lace gives you a nice grip on the feet.
One of the issues with these boots is that it rips off from seam and sole. Even after a few days of work. It is a great shoe for those who work in muds or puddles. The tongue of the boots has been designed aesthetically so that the water does not enter your boots after you have laced up. Sketchers Men’s boots get all points for being supportive to feet however wear off quickly.
- Decent traction and midsole support.
- You can wear them even in 2-3 inches puddles. The tongue of the shoes is not wide and prevents water from going inside the shoe.
- Air-cooled memory foam support
- Rips from the sole and upper body.
- Not durable.
- Harder to put on because the tongue of the shoe is not split
4. Timberland PRO Men’s Gridworks Moc Soft Toe Waterproof Industrial Boot
These are rugged work boots that offer optimal performance at the job by providing maximum comfort and style. They are made from leather and textiles with rubber soles.
It measures 6.5 inches from toe to heels. Definitely it is shorter than other boots we have just reviewed. Another striking feature of these boots is mesh lining to give you antimicrobial treatment and control bad feet odor.
They come with the all-weather thermoplastic outsole to keep your feet comfortable in harsh weather outside. It is a perfect work boot and comes with a waterproof feature however it is not recommended to use it in muds.
The lace design gives it a nice style look and you are sure to get a lot of compliments for it. Tragically the laces are hard to replace. You may not find another one in the market.
These are not steel toe shoes and have a little bit too much room inside. Since these are work boots they provide extra cushion and support for the feet. Another feature that you will love about them is that they are really quiet shoes. You will not hear footsteps even on harder surfaces.
- All-weather thermoplastic outsole to protect your feet from harsh weather.
- Contains mesh lining to prevent bad feet odor
- Provides extra support to feet with cushioning technology
- Not made to work in muds.
- It will be hard to find lace replacement for these boots
- Attracts dirt and difficult to clean
5. Timberland PRO Men’s Powertrain Sport Alloy-Toe EH Industrial & Construction Shoe
Unlike previous choices, these are nylon boots with synthetic soles. It comes with alloy safety toes, mesh linings to make it more breathable and anti-fatigue technology. This makes Timberland PRO Men boots one of the most comfortable ones in the market. They have been built to support your feet all day.
Another important feature that makes it a good choice as work boots for heel spurs is that it comes with electrical hazard protection. These are soft toed shoes that deliver maximum support and comfort.
Timberland PRO is lightweight and work-ready protection boots that provide secondary underfoot protection against stepping on live electrical circuits. You may be glad to find out that these use recycled materials in the shoes and footwear packaging hence supporting ecological concerns.
These boots have helped people get rid of their foot pain at the end of the day. They work most excellent even on hard concrete surfaces. It will not feel like you are walking on the pillow but it will certainly not pinch or hurt our feet like most priced brands shoes do.
- Waterproof and comfortable.
- It comes with steel toe and an extra outsole layer to prevent electrical hazards.
- Lightweight and work-ready protection
- Breathable with mesh linings and anti-fatigue technology
- Not suitable for work that requires kneeling or bending
- It will leave a gouge on the shoe if bent for longer than a few minutes
- Pricier than other shoes that provide much more support than this one.
Best Work Boots for Heel Spurs Buying Guide
What are heel spurs and how can it be treated in initial stages?
Heel spurs also known as plantar fasciitis is a feet condition where you experience bone outgrowth at the bottom of your heel.
You may experience pain when you wake up in the morning and it may result in paralysis or difficulty in walking in long terms if not treated properly.
What can you do to prevent them?
A lot of people who are required to be on feet all day suffer from this pain call heels spurs. It is a painful and frustrating condition. On the bright side, much of this pain and frustration can be prevented by wearing the best work boots for heel spurs.
How do you know which work boots will work best for heel spurs?
While there are tons of options available on Amazon to figure that out. I am sure once you have had a long day at work, this seems like a task. That is where we come into play.
We have picked some of the best work boots for heel spurs’ condition and we will review them one by one. We will also provide some other useful information about how you can treat or prevent this condition from happening to you.
Common heel spur treatments
The common symptom of the heel spurs is a shooting and stabbing pain in your heels. If you will most certainly know if you have this condition. Let’s look at how you can treat it.
- Update your boots and get foot-friendly footwear with ample comfort and foot support. We will take care of it here today.
- Maintain healthy body weight.
- Add arch support to the sole of your feet.
- Stretch and do calves exercises every few hours for 10 minutes at least.
What features should the best work boots for heels spurs have?
- Form-fitting boots – The boots should be a fit to your feet and support their natural arch. This way your foot stabilizes inside the boots and you get the freedom of movement.
- Softer and Flexible insole materials: Softer and flexible insoles will absorb most of the shock from walking and other activities that prevent foot injuries.
- Upper Height/Boot construction – You will need a boot that keeps your feet safe and comfortable at the same time. Also, the boots are lightweight so do not feel tied down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these boots water-resistant?
Since they are specially built for work at construction or heavy-duty jobs, they are water-resistant. Pick the good quality leather as it helps to make your shoes comfortable too.
Do they come with slip-proof outsoles?
Unfortunately not. They come with rubber outsoles that have a good grip. However, to be extra cautious, you should make them slip-proof. We just did an article about it – How to make your shoe slip-proof?
Do these boots have good arch support? I have flat feet and I need very good arch support?
No. You will be required to put in arch support insoles to get good arch support, especially if you have a flat foot.
Will it come with steel toe?
Not all the boots are actually safety boots and some are only designed to provide maximum support. While some boots provide steel toe for safety, Check with the brand about it before buying.
Are these boots good to work in winters?
The leather shoes will harden in colder temperatures whereas other materials work just fine.
Wrapping It Up
In conclusion, there is no right or wrong answer to pick the best work boots for heel spurs. It is more about finding out what works best for your feet. Every foot is different and you might have to try a few of these boots before settling on one.
Our final verdict is that Timberland PRO Men’s Gridworks Moc Soft Toe Waterproof Industrial Boot is the best work boots for heel spurs.
Please read our other guides