Looking for the best socks to wear with cowboy boots? Carhartt Men’s 6 Pack All-Terrain Boot Socks is surely the best. For other options, read on.
HeeHaw! Couldn’t resist myself doing that while writing for one of my favorite kind of footwear – Cowboy boots. I have been a fan of these rugged country-style boots ever since I dressed up as a cowboy for Halloween.
What are the best socks to wear with cowboy boots? – often I am asked this question. Today lets’ demystify it together.
- 1 In a Hurry? Choose the Best
- 2 Best Cowboy Boot Socks – In a Glance
- 3 5 Best Socks To Wear With Cowboy Boots
- 4 Cowboy Boot Socks Buying Guide
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Will cowboy boot socks keep me warm in winters?
- 5.2 Do the cowboy boot socks stay up? Most socks I wear ball up at my feet and do not tend to stay up after a few washes.
- 5.3 Can I wear cowboy boot socks with my logger boots as well? I work as a lumberjack and wear knee-high logger boots.
- 5.4 I am a well-built guy with wide calves? How much would the top of the cowboy boot socks stretch?
- 5.5 If the material is synthetic, will the cowboy boot socks make me sweat?
- 6 Over to You
In a Hurry? Choose the Best
I would never give the socks any special thought other than them being comfortable on my feet. I could not be more wrong.
Turns out if you wear boots every day or for a longer duration, you should invest in the best socks to wear with cowboy boots. With many options I have used over time, my best pick will be Carhartt Men’s 6 Pack All-Terrain Boot Socks.
Best Cowboy Boot Socks – In a Glance
|Carhartt Men’s 6 Pack All-Terrain Boot Socks||10/10||Check Price|
|Wrangler Men’s Western Boot Socks||10/10||Check Price|
|Dan Post Cowboy Certified Over the Calf Socks||9/10||Check Price|
|Men’s Premium Over-the-calf socks, Athletic Tactical trekking Hiking Canterbury Boots Socks||9/10||Check Price|
|Darn Tough Steely Boot Cushion Sock||9/10||Check Price|
5 Best Socks To Wear With Cowboy Boots
We have saved your valuable hours and did some digging ourselves. Today, I review the best socks to wear with cowboy boots. You can easily find them on Amazon and weigh their pros and cons to figure which one is your best pick.
Carhartt is a popular name in the tools and work accessories industry. For all the products entirely in the USA, these socks are made with polyester, wool, nylon, and spandex. Each sock is 0.7” high and 14” wide.
As the name suggests, these socks have been manufactured to handle any terrain and any season. They provide maximum comfort. With nano glide technology, these socks will prevent blisters from forming on your feet and protect them from friction and pain.
The acrylic fabric used in the socks makes them breathable, keeps the feet dry, and absorbs sweat. Carhartt’s socks have added airflow and odor-fighting properties. The socks will keep your feet fresh and odor-free even after a long day at work.
The socks are built to last longer and support the heel-to-toe action of the feet. These socks can be machine washed and yet do not worn off after multiple washes. Some socks tend to get thinner at places where you put your feet the most. However, it is not the case with Carhartt’s socks.
The socks are warm so you are going to wear them in summers then it will make your feet sweat.
- Stays true to size and fits up to calves
- Do not make feet smell as bad as with other socks
- Price is easy on the pocket
- Warm enough for colder weather.
- Toe seams blow out after using steel toe shoes
- The spandex wears out and balls under the feet
- Feels rough on the inside of the feet
Wrangler boot socks are made from 80% polyester and nylon. The special feature of these socks is that it supports the arch of the foot and provides cushioning to the soles. That adds to the comfort of the feet. The arch support will reduce the feet fatigue considerably.
What is the most annoying thing about wearing socks? For me, it is a toe seam. They always seem to annoy the tips of my toes and makes it uncomfortable for me. Wrangler looks after the needs of the customers and provides a smooth toe seam and reduces irritation.
The good quality spandex has been used in Wrangler socks to keep them up and fit your form for as long as the boots last. No more slipping or balling up at the feet.
Wrangler socks are made in the USA with moisture wicking technology and additional durability. They can be worn everyday and good to go for machine wash. Wrangler exceeds the expectations and sometimes the spandex is way too tight for wider calves.
- Covers up to the calf and do not curl up at the end of the feet.
- Seamless toe inseam.
- Fits perfectly.
- Not too thick to make your feet all clumped up.
- Available in super large sizes as well.
- Puts compression on the calves and makes them uncomfortable for a longer duration.
- Spandex not stretchable enough.
- Lack of elasticity
- Chaffing on the calves
Dan socks are made from cotton lycra material and that is first in this category. These socks are manufactured in the USA and protect toes with no-rub seams. These are certified cowboy socks and best for someone who has to rides horses all day.
When you wear them the first time, you won’t notice you are wearing them at all. The spandex stays in place and does not compress the calves.
For added comfort, the socks come with a supportive fit and reduce foot fatigue. Due to cotton fabric, the socks are breathable and will keep your feet cool in the summer heat.
Dan cowboy socks do not fall and that is popular opinion amongst its users. The socks come with microbial lining and help to get rid of foot odor.
The socks can be machine wash however the soles of socks aren’t strong built. The holes will show up after a few months’ use. These are not as durable as your boots.
Dan cowboy socks starting tearing up from the heels of the socks. It can be due to the action of foot as we put our heel first when taking a step. Overall, a good buy for the price mentioned.
- Cotton material is breathable.
- Reduces foot fatigue.
- Keeps foot cool in summers.
- It comes with microbial lining.
- The spandex is too tight and compresses big calves.
- Do not fit on wide calves.
- Wears out too quickly.
These socks aren’t used just like cowboy boots socks. These athletic tactical socks are also good for trekking, hiking, and playing sports. These are long tube socks that come with grid design and criss-cross knit. That helps to maintain stability inside the boots and make them slip-proof.
For better comfort, the socks come with reinforced heels and soft toe inseam. The moisture-wicking fabric keeps your feet dry and breathable.
The material is extra soft to provide maximum comfort. Using advanced weaving technology, the socks stand tall in the breathablility factor amongst other socks.
It wraps the feet and reduces feet pressure so you can wear them all day long and not feel fatigued. The toe seam is flat knitted to reduce irritability and friction at the tips of the toe.
The padding inside the socks absorbs shock and provides support to the soles. They wrap well on the feet and reduces calf chaffing.
When worn, they feel warm and however do not make your feet hot. They are heavy and feel comfortable. However, there aren’t made for someone with huge built or wider calves.
- Feels lightweight yet comfortable.
- Toe inseam is flat and thus not irritable to wear for long
- Best fit for athletes and outdoor activities
- Cross knit technology makes them slip-proof
- It does not cover full calves.
- Not a compression sock and spandex will wear off
- Only available in smaller sizes. Smaller as compared to average American size.
Made in Vermont, the USA, Darm tough socks are a perfect fit with high knit technology. The high-density knitting keeps your feet warm and comfortable. It makes the socks durable without a bulky feel.
The criss-cross design makes it anti-slip and protects feet from friction. That does not cause blisters when worn for a long time.
The Merino wool keeps your feet warm and do not let your feet itch. The socks will keep your feet cool in summers and warm in winters. Merino wool is the best fiber for breathability and anti-microbial properties. The feet do not stink as much as with any other socks in this category.
The heels and toe box are cushioned enough to absorb shock and yet provide superior comfort. The fast action wicking formula lets your sock dry faster and repels odor and bacteria.
- Comfortable fit and merino wool fabric
- Breathable and repels foot odor
- The socks are rugged but feel soft
- The toe box stretches after one day of use.
- Not too tight on the calves however it is a smaller fit.
- Better suited for lace-up boots.
Cowboy Boot Socks Buying Guide
Why do You Need Special Socks for Boots?
Putting on your favorite comfortable pair from the drawer isn’t going to work with cowboy boots. I am sure you will avert this fashion disaster of wearing knee-length socks with sandals. On similar grounds, you can’t pair ankle socks with western-style cowboy boots.
If you are thinking nobody would see your socks under the boots so you can wear any old ones, that’s not doing it right. Even though nobody would see the socks, that does not rule out the main purpose why you need to wear socks with cowboy boots.
Reasons Why You Need to Wear Socks with Cowboy Boots
- For starters, when I started to wear my brand new pair of cowboy boots, it would pinch me. Socks provided much-needed protection from it.
- Socks inside the cowboy boots provide extra cushion to the feet and absorbs shock.
- It also makes the cowboy boots fit better on the fit.
How to Pick the Best Socks to Wear with Cowboy Boots?
- Socks need to be higher than calf muscles – or slightly longer you’re your cowboy boots. That’s the standard rule. This is how your feet can be as happy as possible inside.
- Socks need to be breathable – When you wear cowboy boots in any season other than winters, your feet will sweat inside and socks will absorb all of it. After a long day, that sweat accumulation will start to stink. Always pick the socks that are breathable and possibly with anti-microbial lining.
- Sock material – While we are on the topic of breathability, you would think cotton will be your best bet. Yes, cotton absorbs sweat and is skin-friendly. If you are going to be in winter weather, wool socks are the best however they do not absorb any moisture. These days acrylic wool fabric is the talk of the town for sock material.
- Socks that stand – You love your old pair of socks and they are calf-high too. But is the spandex on the socks strong enough to make them stand? Wearing loose socks with boots and socks getting clumped inside the boots aren’t the situations you want to be in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will cowboy boot socks keep me warm in winters?
The socks are thick enough to keep you warm in winters. They are thick to fit your feet well inside the boots. It is made from wool material too so you should check if you have any allergies to wool. If not, these are your best pick.
Do the cowboy boot socks stay up? Most socks I wear ball up at my feet and do not tend to stay up after a few washes.
The socks come with spandex on the top and fit your form. They stand up for good some years. However, the spandex will start with wear-off after many machine wash cycles.
Can I wear cowboy boot socks with my logger boots as well? I work as a lumberjack and wear knee-high logger boots.
The socks will go over your calves and knees too if you aren’t very tall (taller than average US guy). The socks are ok to wear with logger boots as well.
I am a well-built guy with wide calves? How much would the top of the cowboy boot socks stretch?
The top of the socks is made from good quality spandex and can easily stretch and fit the wider calves. Since it is manufactured in the USA, we keep the larger sizes in mind while manufacturing socks.
If the material is synthetic, will the cowboy boot socks make me sweat?
Synthetic does make your feet sweat but not overly. They work just fine.
Over to You
Socks are the soul of cowboy boots and very important for the comfort of your feet.
Carhartt Men’s 6 Pack All-Terrain Boot Socks are surely the best socks to wear with cowboy boots. Refer to this buying guide to pick the other socks that will suit your need. You can never go wrong with over the calves socks and the breathable ones, eh! Go cowboy!
Please read our other guides